Seven Steps Short Breaks offers respite/short stay accommodation and daytime opportunities for clients wishing to maximise their independence and work towards independent living, whilst offering families the chance to rest and recuperate from their often-demanding roles as family carers. Offering adults with learning disabilities a safe, warming, modern, clean home environment.
Our service is available to Adults with learning disabilities from 18 years old who would like a short break away from home, whether this is for one night or a few nights you can be assured of a warm welcome.
We support adults with a range of disabilities including mild to moderate learning disabilities, complex needs, individuals on the Autistic spectrum and dual diagnosis including mental health and dementia with a learning disability and profound multiple learning disabilities
What We Offer
Our seven-bedroom short breaks accommodation offers modern amenities, including two ground floor large accessible bedrooms, ground floor wet room, Spacious and accessible open plan living room, dining room, reception and kitchen area to build daily living and social interaction skills.
Outside sensory garden area and wheelchair accessible outside seating area. The first-floor accommodation consists of 5 bedrooms and 2 spacious bathrooms. Our overall aim is to provide short break accommodation to individuals to maximise their independence and opportunities to achieve a fulfilling and rewarding life.
What We Provide
- Short breaks (respite care) in a home from home safe and secure environment, providing person centred to meet individual needs
- Accessible ground floor level accommodation
- Step-by-step support with independent daily living skills including cooking, cleaning, laundry, budgeting, reading & writing skills, gardening etc.
- Wide choice of social activities and fitness
- Sensory garden area
- On-site mobile hoist and tilt-in-space shower chair
- Highly trained team
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) and Nasogastric (NG) tube feeding
- Makaton friendly