Seven Steps Support Ltd was built from personal passion and a strong belief in delivering high quality person-centred care. Our care provisions enable well-being, dignity, respect, privacy choice, control, and independence.
Our company name “Seven Steps Support” comes from our confidence in the Seven Steps to Inclusion. Social inclusion and independence is promoted throughout all aspects of our service delivery, everything we do is about valuing and supporting people with care and support needs, their families, and carers. These values and principles underpin our organisation and are embedded throughout our staff team.
We, as a family which experienced dependence on care and support for a loved one, believe this has given us greater empathy and understanding of the impact on families requiring care and support for their loved ones.
What We Do
We support adults with a range of disabilities including mild learning disabilities, complex needs, individuals on the autistic spectrum, dementia, mental health, dual diagnosis and profound multiple learning disabilities. We also support individuals with children to maintain contact and fulfill their parental role.
|We provide support to individuals in their own home and in the community to maximise their choice and independence.|
|We support individuals to complete a wide range of daily living tasks such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, food shopping and budgeting to promote independence and support to reach personal goals.|
|We provide support to enable individuals to access community projects, work placements, volunteer placements, workshops, college, international venues and community venues.|
|We have a strong ethos to promote wellbeing and healthy lifestyles. We support clients to book and attend a wide range of health appointments, GP, dentist, Sexual health checks, speech therapy, physiologists, gym sessions, fitness, dog walking and weight management programmes.|
|Promoting and maximising individuals independence, enhancing confidence, personal targets and goals promoting well being, self-esteem, quality of life and maintaining respect and dignity.|
We are a certified Makaton Friendly organization in Sheffield. This means we actively use Makaton and make sure that people who use it feel welcome and understood. We understand that different people use alternative ways to communicate.
We provide a supportive and welcoming enviroment so that people - of any age - who have communication or learning disabilities can still take part in our services and their community. We use Makaton symbols and signs around our organization to aid inclusiveness.
What Else Do We Do?
We offer support to individuals in their own homes and out in the community to maximise their choice and independence.
We provide support to enable individuals to access community projects, work placements, volunteer placements, workshops, college, international venues and community venues.
We aim to assist individuals to maximise their independence and opportunities to achieve a fulfilling and rewarding life
A range of services we provide (where assessed as a need) include:
- Supporting individuals to maintain their tenancies.
- Support with accessing the community safely.
- Assist with maintaining parental responsibilities and contact visits.
- Assist with maintaining a safe and clean environment/ daily tasks.
- Assistance with preparation of healthy meals and drinks.
- Assistance with all aspect of personal care.
- Supporting individuals with travel solutions and travel training.
- Assistance with moving and handling.
- Support with managing and budgeting finances.
- Assistance with all aspects of health care and health appointments.
- Supporting individual to build and maintain friendships and relationships.
- Arrange social gatherings and social activities to promote and encourage natural friendships.
- Support and plan individual and group vacations.
- Liaise closely with all relevant professionals and family members regarding the on-going support of each individual.
Learn more about our services & standards.